Student Accommodation Process
Jayhawks, the below instructions are for students NEW to the accommodations process and who are needing to register with the Student Access Services(SAS) Center.
If you have already registered with our office and need directions on how to notify your professors using Access Online, please see this page.
1. After being admitted to KU, visit Access Online to apply for accommodations. After applying, you will receive a link via email that allows you to submit disability documentation to the SAS. Scan and upload your documentation for review. The front desk staff in Strong 22 can help if you require assistance in scanning and uploading your documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the application process (913-897-8539).
2. Your documentation will be reviewed. After your documentation has been approved, an access specialist will contact you to help schedule your first appointment.
- If the accommodations needed are labor-intensive (e.g. accessible print, sign language interpreting/captioning, or involve housing or transportation) documentation should be submitted early so that the SAS has ample time to arrange for them.
- All other students should schedule can schedule their appointments after classes begin and bring copies of all syllabi to the appointment.
3. During your initial appointment, approved accommodations will be determined with your access specialist. The specialist will then guide you through the process of how to notify your instructors about your accommodations.
4. Students are then responsible for setting an office appointment with each instructor within a week to discuss her/his accommodations.